PE & Sports Premium
At Worcesters primary school we recognise the contribution of PE to the health and well-being of all of our children. We provide an inclusive and progressive PE curriculum throughout the school and offer a range of extra-curricular opportunities for children of all ages.
Our Primary School Sports premium will enable us to continue and extend our provision in line with The Department for Education’s vision.
The Department for Education Vision: ALL pupils leaving primary school physically literate and with the knowledge, skills and motivation necessary to equip them for a healthy, active lifestyle and lifelong participation in physical activity and sport.
Objective: To achieve self-sustaining improvement in the quality of PE and sport in primary schools against 5 key indicators:
- the engagement of all pupils in regular physical activity – kick-starting healthy active lifestyles
- the profile of PE and sport being raised across the school as a tool for whole school improvement
- increased confidence, knowledge and skills of all staff in teaching PE and sport
- broader experience of a range of sports and activities offered to all pupils
- increased participation in competitive sport
Please open the document below to see how we plan to spend our PE and Sport Premium at Worcesters for the academic year 2018-2019
Supporting documents 2018/19
Please open the document below to see how we plan to spend our PE and Sport Premium at Worcesters for the academic year 2017-2018
Supporting documents 2017/18
Please open the document below to see how we plan to spend our PE and Sport Premium at Worcesters for the academic year 2016-2017
- PE and Sport Premium Key Outcome Indicator 2016-2017
- PE and Sport Premium Key Outcome Indicator 2016-2017 Spring
- PE and Sport Premium Key Outcome Indicator 2016-2017 Summer
Supporting documents 2016/17
- Whole school improvement Spring 2017
- Extra curricular activities Spring 2017
- Whole school improvement Summer 2017
- Extra curricular activities Summer 2017
Please open the document below to see how we planned our PE and Sport Premium at Worcesters for the academic year 2015-2016
- PE and Sport Premium
- PE and Sport Premium Spring update
- PE and Sport Premium Key Outcome Indicator 2015-2016 Summer update
Supporting documents 2015/16
- Extra-curricular activities case study
- Whole school improvement case study
- Extra curricular sports activities summer update
- To use PE and sport as a tool for whole school improvement summer update
Please click the link below to see how we spent our PE and Sport premium at Worcesters for the previous academic years.
- Sport Premium Evidence of impact case study 2013-2014
- Sport Premium Evidence of impact case study 2014-2015
Achievements in PE and Sport
We are very proud to share with you our achievements that celebrate our success in PE and Sport across the school.
afPE Quality Mark for Physical Education & Sport
This prestigious award celebrates ‘the strength and quality of Physical education and Sport’ at Worcesters Primary School. It recognises the quality of our whole school PE provision and our passion for each child to enjoy leading a healthy active lifestyle. We are very proud to be awarded the afPE Quality Mark for Physical Education & Sport with distinction.
For further information about the afPE Quality Mark for Physical Education & Sport please click the link below.
Healthy Schools London award
At Worcesters primary school children are taught the importance of a healthy active lifestyle from the EYFS throughout the school. Children are able to make healthy choices when it comes to eating, drinking and exercise. The Healthy Schools London award celebrates those schools that are making a difference for their pupils. Our School recently hosted the ‘Healthy Schools London award’ where the Deputy Mayor for London was able to see what Healthy Schools looks like at Worcesters Primary School. The children’s high standard of behaviour and positive attitude to their healthy active lifestyles was recognised during this visit and the Healthy Schools London team visited to film for their website.
The film can be viewed by clicking the link below.
Here at Worcesters Primary School we are very proud to have been awarded The Healthy Schools London Bronze and Silver awards.
For more information about the Healthy Schools London award pelase click the link below
Sainsbury’s School Games Mark
At Worcesters Primary School competition in sport is encouraged for all pupils. The Sainsbury’s School Games Mark rewards schools for their commitment to developing competition in Sport across the school. We are pleased to say that after achieving the Bronze Mark in 2012/2013, Worcesters Primary School has been awarded the Sainsbury’s School Games Silver mark for 2014/2015
For more information about the Sainsbury’s School Games please click the link below.
Everybody active in Enfield
This website has lots of information about sports clubs and classes for children and adults in Enfield in the local community and promotes all of the local sporting events – www.enfield.gov.uk/sport